Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Juneau, the capital of Alaska, has a population of about 30,000 people. The thing I find most amazing about Alaska is that so many people live in towns and cities where the isolation is unthinkable to me, even in the spring. I can’t imagine what it must be like in the winter. Most of these places are accessible only by air or sea - not overland.



























Juneau is a nice city, with a clear green harbour and ringed by mountains. The first time we were there was a beautiful spring day, cold, but fresh.
Skagway, like Juneau and most other Alaskan towns, was built on the goldrush, and the original site of the town is nearby, now a ghost town. The new town, where we dock, was built in the first half of the 1900s, but the buildings were all built in the old style. It reminds me of the picture I have in my mind of the “wild west” or a “frontier town.” It is a nice town, usually sunny and a relaxing place to stroll around for the day.




This photo was taken in Ketchikan. I have been having a lot of trouble posting my photos on Blogger, but I thought since this one worked now I would just leave it.

For any of you who are wondering, I'll be home July 1!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Myra.

I'm so happy that you will be home soon!

The pictures of Alaska are gorgeous...the town reminds me of a movie set.

Miss you...
*Hugs*

11:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Myra,

I miss you so much. Come home damn it!

Love Stephen

11:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myra! Myra! Myra! It has been a while since i posted a comment .... and i see you made an effort to figure out who i am....alas you will struggle a little longer on this one. I do know those guys you guessed in Mr. Lerue and Mr. Boutilier, but they did not have an intimate relationship like the one that we once had(tear/sniff).

Anyway, i am enjoying your pictures...and i am amazed how all of your pictures look very professional.

Oh yeah in case i forget, Eliza is a hotty.

my next hint is that i was a day-one employee and we joked around alot.....and you were head over heels for me.(well, the first half of that is acurate....the latter part is just me dreamin).

bye 4 now sista!

Me

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger Myra said...

Dave Jones?
Ron?

8:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty - NO!
Terry - NO!
Dave - NO!
Ron - NO!

good guesses, i guess. lol!!!

The last time i saw you, you and a roomate had rented a van and were on your way to go buy a couch or some other piece of furniture from the valley or some place.

buenos noches seniorita

me

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Myra said...

CORY MAC!!!!!

10:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time sista! It took you a few guess's but you got it. Corymac is in da house!

It appears as though you are in fact Livin the Dream....Cruiz'n the seas and seeing the world.

If I have read correctly, you are home now, or coming home soon for a while. Well if i am lucky, I will bump into you somewhere.

Ok, bedtime! and since you figured out who I was, i never need to leave comments EVER again. (kidding)

bye bye Myra

Corymac!

12:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah say hello to those other punks too - Sean, Lin, Cheryl and Steve

and your sista ....
rrrghrghgr How U doin?

12:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home