Monday, March 13, 2006

Costa Rica

We visited Puntarenas, one of the larger cities in Costa Rica, twice in the past month. The first time was during Carnival, and the markets and restaurants were jam packed with people out enjoying the celebrations. All of the Costa Ricans I have encountered have been vibrant, strong looking people and I would love to have the opportunity to travel outside this small area.


It felt like it was almost forty degrees that day. I bought two pieces of fresh watermelon from a vendor for $1.

There were more stalls set up in the market, and games and rides for the kids

Fresh sliced mangoes for sale.


Some of you may remember that I posted this photo after my first visit to Costa Rica. I said that these stalls are everywhere you walk, selling mixtures of meat, veggies and rice to people wrapped in big leaves or plastic bags. At the time I didn’t know what kind of meat it was. Cheryl has informed me that it is deep-fried pigs’ ears. Bon Appetit.


On our second stop in Puntarenas, it was just as hot. Me, Steven and Cheryl had a delicious lunch at a nice restaurant that a lot of crew go to. Cheryl and I both had whole, grilled red snapper, and it was one of the best fish I have eaten in a long time. Very delicious. Steven had chicken breast stuffed with shrimp, in a coconut curry sauce. Yum.


Trying to beat the heat.


Lineup for the bathroom.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Howells said...

Incredible images. Reminds me of when we loved inthe Bahamas. Enjoy!

7:31 p.m.  
Blogger Lynda Howells said...

Ophs meant to say "lived" in the Bahamas!!Freudian slip!

7:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that last picture of you above the water is absolutely stunning. It is so nice to see you in these pictures, it has been too long Myra, I miss you.
see you soon, love you with all my heart :)

10:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Sweetie!
Hmm... Eating again??? I'm shocked and terribly disappointed with you.(Tons '0 Fun) I seem to recall you lamenting over some theoretical weight gain recently. Well, you know I'm always here for you so I did some research that might help you out. Right, here we go:

WeightWatchers.com
jennycraig.com
alldiets.info
start-diet-now.com
trim-you.com
ediets.com
11-weight-loss.com
dietstreet.com
thedietchannel.com
weightlossdiets.org
everydiet.org
noteverymorceloffoodyouseehastobeeaten.ns.mattysaidso.ca

Hope this all is helpful!
Love you!!! Matty

9:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Myra,

You don't look to fat to me. You look great. Love checking out your posts. Take care.....keep on showing us the food.

Love Aunt Yvonne

11:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myra I miss you!!!I love all your pics! They are fantastic and you girls look great!

5:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last comment was from me ;) Ang

5:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming. I love looking at em, and now I've got Adele here with me to envy you too. We miss you lots and love you tons. :)

5:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home