Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Hello all, sorry again about the delays in posting. Again, our Internet is gone. We won't be getting it back, so posts are going to be less frequent. I'm trying though, and plan to keep it up.

Here are a few pictures from a helicopter ride we went on on the island of Kauai'i. This was my favourite thing I've done since coming on the ship. I was scared but it was absolutely amazing... imagine, me on a helicopter! :)


We all had to wear headphones, because the noise from the propellors was very loud. We had to talk into a microphone to speak to each other.


This is Waimea Canyon. They call it the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. It is much smaller than the Grand Canyon, but very, very beautiful. To fly over it in a helicopter was amazing. Anna, I wish you could have been with us.

This is the Na Pali Coast. It was absolutely stunning. Very famous and often photographed.


Inside the crater of the volcano that formed Kauai'i. Kauai'i is the oldest, and greenest island of Hawaii. I think they said that inside the crater is the highest rate of rainfall in the world. It is very lush and green and full of waterfalls.











I miss you all and love reading your comments. I'm sorry I can't post more often, but please keep checking the site and leaving me comments. xoxo.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that helicopter flight looks amazing, but I am sure I would have chickened out and missed it all. I am happy to see you are enjoying life to the fullest. You will have many good memories from this trip.
stay safe
hugs and kisses
Aunt Louise XOXOXO

8:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm jealous. I can't believe you got in that helicopter, I guess you are over your fear of flying. Halifax got rocked by our first winter storm yesterday, there is like 30cm of snow on the ground, so appriciate the weather where you are. Believe it or not, it is acutally nice to have some snow on the ground, we basically did not have any the entire month of January. That said, I wish I was there with you instead. Love and miss you.
Stephen

12:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Myra, I don't know if you received my last message or not! I don't see it anywhere, maybe it was lost in transmission, I am not familiar with this mode of communication, so.... you may not get this one either, if you don't, let me know, I'll try to send another, ha ha ha!!
It's obvious you are having a great time, from the photos and narratives you send, you look great and sound great. I will, if this message does not show up any where, send you one the almost old-fashioned way, by e-mail, to hotmail, take care of yourself, and continue to enjoy......
Lots of Love!! from all!
Uncle Wayne

9:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

So nice that you posted again. I check every day. Hear things are really good for you. I am happy for you. (I told you). Meme and all of us send our love to you. Keep having fun!!!!

Love Meme and Aunt Yvonne

8:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Myra,
God I miss you. But it's great to know that you're having fun. I can't wait to see more pictures. I like to imagine me there with you and they help.
Love you Tons

10:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i can say is Wow.....


...and I love you!!!

6:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go , Myra! What an adventure each day has to offer you and you seem to be taking advantage of it. Good for you.
I'm really enjoying all your pictures and write ups. Nice to meet Jack also.Wasn't it nice of your Mom & Eliza to join you.Ha! Ha!Looking forward to more of your travels. Take care and keep up the good life. Mavis

4:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Myra,
Lovely pics! Reminds me when I was in Kauai way back when, enroute to New Zealand. I visited the Waimea Canyon and Napali coast. I went for a hike up the mountains at Napali and almost got lost. I was so dehydrated by the time I got back! Fortunately ran into two hikers who plied me with water and I made it back to my wife who was still down at the beach, snorkelling, none the wiser. Lovely place eh? See you when you get home Myra. Maybe, I'll dust off my 35mm photos of Kauai when you get back. Love, hugs and best wishes, JP Boudreau

10:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks incredible! So gorgeous! I am loving your photos! I think you have to write a travel book when you get home! -sarah

4:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home