Saturday, December 17, 2005

Huatulco (Wa-tule-co)



On Tuesday we spent a short but beautiful day in Huatulco, Mexico. Cheryl and I got off the ship around 11 am and walked to a resort we had heard was nice. We swam in the pool there and took photos of the beautiful buildings and grounds. Then we wandered through the local market and looked at the crafts for sale.

For lunch we met Steven and Lindsay at a tiny restaurant with a patio and had delicious quesidillas and cold beer. The quesadillas were filled with ground beef, onions, mushrooms, jalapeno peppers and cheese, and I got an extra one with Pumpkin Flower in it, which is supposed to be a local favourite. After eating half of it, mouth on fire and eyes full of tears, I decided not to finish it, haha. The others were fantastic though. Two beer and four quesidillas, with a tip, cost me $8. Wow.

This is one of my favourite ports we have been to yet, mostly because of its simple but beautiful buildings and quiet setting.

Just a reminder, if you want to see a larger version of any photo, just click on it.

That's our ship

The resort we went to







This church is in the centre of the village. It is completely open to the air. Sooo beautiful. Check out the crow on the pew near that person.

Sorry about the really long post, I couldn't cut it down any more!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Are those big yellow flowers real? It looks like a great resort. I will be with you in my dreams.
Love You
Louise

4:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each morning I wake up and she is gone.
There is a block of clay on the table.
I lay my hands on it and labour without intention.
Each night I retire from the finished bust of a geisha.
She is sad and familiar with a pink hibiscus in her hair.
At peace I sleep and dream of Sisyphus' descent.
Each morning I wake up and she is gone.

If Fate suffers me to spend each day re-creating the same memory of you in exactitude infinitum, then I will defy Fate each day by taking pleasure in a perfect memory with all the grace and self-forgetfulness it affords me.

2:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Meme wants to say that she loves you and is so glad you are having fun. Wouldn't your Dad just love the food!!!! Have a wonderful Day on your Birthday.
Love you lots,

Meme and Aunt Yvonne

6:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday to You"
"Happy Birthday to You"
"Happy Birthday Dear Myra"
"Happy Birthday to YOU!"
This is Mom and Dad singing Happy Birthday sweetie.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Talk to you later.

11:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home