Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I had the most perfect day in Costa Rica

Market


Everyone said that Puntarenas, the port we were docked in, wasn’t much to see, but I went out anyway, planning to walk around. While the air wasn’t as oppressive as in Panama, it was hotter and just as humid. Wandering through the market, my body was covered in sweat and before my straightened hair was in ringlets. The market was overflowing with jewelry, wooden crafts and stalls of women selling food wrapped in huge leaves.

I wandered through the lanes for the early afternoon, then found a restaurant with a patio. I sat outside with a cold local beer and wrote in my journal, gazed around, and thought a lot. I felt very content that day. I ate a delicious meal, called home and spent the rest of my day walking on the beach, wading through the warm Pacific water as the sun set over the mountains in the distance.

I went back to the ship feeling refreshed and peaceful.




These men were playing beautiful, rhythmic music on this instrument that I can only compare to a xylophone.









This was one of the women selling huge leaves full of meat, veggies and rice to the locals.






Seabass and shrimp with sauce, rice, salad and beer. Yum!









6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday me and you will walk that beach together :) <3

i love you ishka

11:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I think it's kind of funny that you're in one place in the world that I've always wanted to visit. From the pictures on the beach, I know why.
The food looks wonderful but still not as wonderful as you. You look beautiful and look like you're having wonderful time. It's nice knowing that you're finding a little peace in this world too. At least some one is.
I really hope to hear from you soon.
Keep having fun,

Love you, Matty

1:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I think it's kind of funny that you're in one place in the world that I've always wanted to visit. From the pictures on the beach, I know why.
The food looks wonderful but still not as wonderful as you. You look beautiful and look like you're having wonderful time. It's nice knowing that you're finding a little peace in this world too. At least some one is.
I really hope to hear from you soon.
Keep having fun,

Love you, Matty

1:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myra

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!! So happy for you. We're thinking of you all the time. I check your blog every day.

Love Aunt Yvonne

7:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Myra you are so lucky to be away from all this cold weather. The beach looks amazing, and food delicious. I am so happy to see that you are having a nice time exploring parts of the world.I hope your birthday is fantastic and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers always.
Love and miss you
Aunt Louise

10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Myra, sorry I haven't sent a comment as yet, but better late than never huh?, I've been following your adventure and enjoying your photos, a lot, I check this site every couple of days or so!
Take care of yourself....
Love Uncle Wayne

7:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home