Thursday, December 28, 2006

Barcelona is famous for its basilica, La Sagrada Familia (The Holy Family). This building is another (probably the most) famous work of architect Antoni Gaudi. Although I don't find this church even remotely attractive, I was interested in seeing it when we were visiting Barcelona.

Instead, we wandered through town to see the Cathedral Barcelona, which appears below in an image I borrowed from the internet.





This is what the we saw when we visited the famous Cathedral.


I managed to take a couple of pictures of it. Guess I will try to see them both next time I visit Barcelona.




The disappointment of the Cathedral was made up for by the heavenly waffle shop we visited. Dozens of kinds of waffles, covered in your choice, of chocolate, hazlenut, cinnamon, bananas, cream, coconut and maple. I wish it was in my house.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha when i first just looked at the pictures, i thought the one you borrowed from the net was your own.. then all of a sudden it was not. i did laugh, sorry for your misfortune. I would like some of those waffles, yummy. especially banana! see you soon and we can eat waffles all day at the farmers market, all you gotta do is come home:)
love you lots
ISHKA

4:33 a.m.  
Blogger Evelyn said...

HAhahha, I had to laugh too, sorry :)God that's an ugly looking building! ahah but yes, the waffles looked delicious!

11:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Myra,

un momento por favor!!!

Next time in Barcelona... I'll take you around!!! make sure you have enough memory card in your camera and much more space for good food and wine you never tried before...

I was so disappointed that you both couldn't come earlier and spend some time together... anyhow , we will plan it for next time, until then take good care of yourself and please do the same for
Mr. Tavil... (So bossy!!!)

Big Hug,

Max.

6:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home