Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back to Israel.

It's hard, because I don't really know how to follow up the Iain post, but I guess I just have to carry on where I left off.

Me, Jack and his brother (Mor) and sister (Hadas) spent a day in Tel Aviv and I was sorry we didn’t spend more time there, because it is such a cool city. Bustling with people, packed with coffee shops and trendy stores, it would be a fantastic city to spend a more “extended” stay in.

As it was we had a beautiful day, wandering through the traditional markets and artist markets that form the hub of the city, along with the coolest street in town. I only wish I had taken more photos!

Mor and Hadas were very patient with my super-slow browsing.
We drank the green drink, which was mostly mint and lime. Might seem like and odd combination but it was very refreshing and tasty.





Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, took place while I was in Israel. It was a very nice celebration to be there for. Jack's family had a beautiful big dinner and a gathering of his extended family later in the night.

The beach near Jack's house. The water is the Mediterranean, which was very warm. There were big waves which were kind of fun and kind of scary, haha.
... and lots of beautiful shells.
Sunset near where Jack is building his house. Every night there was a gorgeous sunset. How is this place so beautiful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home